Saturday 19 November 2016

The Harry Potter Book Tag

Whitney over at First Impression Reviews, is hosting a Harry Potter Blogathon this week. This is in celebrated anticipation of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. She put a tag for anyone who would like to answer the questions.



Before I begin doing so, I would like to post a disclaimer. I grew up with Harry Potter, and so it has been nearly fifteen years since I last read the books. It has been only a little less than that since I last watched a movie. Therefore, my memory is quite clouded over or mixed up, quite often unable to distinguish between facts of the books and those in the movies. 

So, having said that, here goes!

1. Favourite book?
I have re-read the entire Harry Potter series only once. The Chamber of Secrets and Deathly Hallows were the only ones that got an extra re-read. Does that make them my favourites? Hmmm....

2. Least favourite book?
The Prisoner of Azkaban. I believe even when I was doing that first re-read of Harry Potter, this book was the one I quickly skimmed through. I am not entirely sure why I dislike it. There was something about the atmosphere in this book that put me off. It was a favourite with both my mom and sister, though! The Order of the Phoenix was rather slow, but I found I liked it better the second time around. 

3. Favourite movie?
It would have to be the first one! -- The Philosopher's Stone. It was so, so magical! It was such a fantastic experience. The whole world was new, and I enjoyed discovering it with Harry. It was like reading the book for the first time. The Chamber of Secrets is a very close second.

4. Least favourite movie?
I don't really know. I probably didn't care very much for The Goblet of Fire after the World Cup series. It was certainly very well done. But this is the one I would be least interested in re-watching. 

5. Favourite quotation?
Uhm....?!

6. Favourite Weasley?
I don't know... Arthur? Molly? Bill?... Bill is quite cool, actually, although we don't really read/see much of him.  The twins are such fun too! Really... I don't know!

7. Favourite female character?
This seems quite an unfair question...it is difficult not to say Hermione. But I'm going to pick another besides her -- Luna Lovegood!!...the movie Luna is firmly in my mind. She was perfect for the role. 

8. Favourite villain?
Rita Skeeter ... I love to hate her more than I do Umbridge!

9. Favourite male character?
Probably Harry. Though I am quite fond of Neville as well. 

10. Favourite professor?
I really like Prof. McGonagall.  I like her stern shell that hides a soft heart. I like her practical mind and her tendency to be as impartial as possible. She's a great, all-round teacher!

6 comments:

  1. THIS MAKES ME WANT TO REREAD THE SERIES! But if I reread it, I won't have that to anticipate, you know? The anticipation is excellent...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think I've forgotten enough of it to still be surprised!!! I'm thinking when I spend next summer at my mum's I might try to re-read it. Not entirely sure I will, though. I am content to leave my reading of HP as is. :D

      Delete
  2. How funny! The Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite of the books, and Goblet of Fire is my favorite of the movies, and they're your least-favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd, isn't it? Interesting too. I know almost every HP fan has loved the third book, but I think the whole time-travel idea didn't stick well with me. And, like I said, the atmosphere was a bit much off kilter for me.

      Delete
  3. Rita Skeeter might be my favourite villain too, and I love the first film, it just feels happier than the others somehow - and Christmassy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmassy! That's it!! ... it doesn't fail to make me happy and excited.:D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.